© Mike Imber 2006

Go to Home
Go to People
Go to History
Go to Products
Go to Patents
     
Main Tabs
Go to Buildings Introduction
Go to Birkbeck Chambers
Go to Southwark Street
 Go to Pontadawe
 Go To Hartlepool Page
 Go to Fforestfach Page
 Go to more Buildings
 
Lamp


A new factory was built on the Western Avenue, which was being constructed at the time, as a new road to the west of London. At the time the factory was built, this area was open country.

The factory was opened by Marquis of Londonderry on 8th October 1931, and is still standing. For the last several years it has been used as a Hardware Superstore (B & Q), but this closed late in 2005, and the site is currently to let.

Mike Imber. (mike@ aladdinlamps.org.uk)